Friday 10 August 2012

Tihany (June 2012)

Tihany is one of the beautiful villages that overlooks the crowning glory of the Hungarian land, the Lake Balaton. The village is full of lavender, restaurants, shops with porcelain and marzipan and delicious views from a height over the lake (God, it looked so blue, like some pure woman's eyes today). It also houses a church and abbey which awaits visitors at the top where you can revel in the aforementioned views. On a clear day the view of the lake is possibly the prettiest sight of the Hungarian countryside I have seen, which is to say quite a lot.

The village encompasses so much I have come to love about my current homeland. I feel like it could only be Hungary, only this place, only in its beautiful, unique and majestic way. It's true, I came, I saw, I fell in love. Tihany, another gem of place in a crown sparkling with wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment