Saturday 10 March 2012

The Secret City


Ah, Budapest. A city so fine, so exquisite, that many do not even know her whereabouts. She is a secret of sorts. People's ignorance of other countries and cultures and the languages they speak is immense at times. Quite simply, Budapest is an astonishing city with a vast, never ending well of history to learn about, to speak about, to get lost in. 

It is the morning of March 10, 2012. I live in Budapest. In the outskirts. The 10th district called Kőbánya. My flat is a delightful little space in a reasonably sized block of flats. It is in what can only be described as a questionable area. Many hobos and other strange creatures inhabit or frequent this area. But it is home. It feels like the longer I stay the more my roots grow into the ground. So to consider my departure several months from now is often rather sad.

It is another beautiful day outside my window. Golden sun entered through my curtains at will and when I woke it felt like entering a further dream of sorts. The day awaits me. The city will be pleased to see me. She always shows me that. Some kind of magic... in the city I possess. Deep in my heart. Lives the secret city. I know her. I know of her. My beautiful secret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment